How to go about looking for a Straight Stairlift
Once you’ve decided that a straight stairlift will make life easier for you, it’s important to choose one that suits your needs.
- Talk to someone who has a straight stairlift and ask them about the advantages of having one, as well as any concerns they may have had.
- Contact a number of reputable companies so you can compare products, costs and the services offered after you make a purchase. Reliability and safety should be the paramount consideration.
- Be careful about cold callers who try to sell you a straight stairlift. Take your time to make the right decision.
- Request a brochure to find out more about the products before you arrange for a visit.
What sort of stairlift would suit you?
- To choose the right stairlift, consider your personal needs and weigh up what product features would be most useful for you. Think about your situation now as well as what it might be over the longer term.
- Your stairs need to be assessed by a representative of the company that will install the stairlift.
- There are two main types of stairlift designed to fit different kinds of stairs: straight and curved and it is important to purchase the right rail for your staircase. A straight stairlift only travels up straight stairs while a curved stairlift is able to go round bends in the stairs and along landings and half landings.
- Different chairs can be put on the stairlift carriage to ensure that the stairlift is easy and comfortable to use.
- Safety should be the first consideration when choosing a stairlift, always use a reputable company.
What to expect from a sales visit
- When a sales person comes to your house it’s a good idea to have a family member or friend with you so that he or she can ask questions as well.
- A sales person should make a thorough assessment of staircase dimensions and the needs of the user, including the ability to get on and off the stairlift. A written quotation should be provided for the entire cost of the stairlift. Make sure that the quote includes installation.
- Do not be pressurised into a sale before talking to other companies. There should be no obligation to buy with any assessment.
Receive a Free No Obligation Quotation today from
Services Offered : New Straight Stairlifts, Used Straight Stairlifts, Stairlift Servicing, Stairlift Maintenance, Stairlift Repairs, Straight Stairlift rental
Area Covered for Straight Stairlifts : Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex, London